Monday 30 May 2016

N E E D it but can't A F F O R D it?

Hey guys,

If any of you are like me, you spend your days on Instagram and blogs staring at the gorgeous items that the people are lucky enough to own, as well as clothing and make up hauls on Youtube. I also have an ample amount of bloggers on Snapchat, so all of their outfits/make up/literally everything gets me dreaming every day such as the likes of Sarah Ashcroft, Lydia Elise Millen (have you SEEN that shoe collection?!) and Victoria aka Inthefrow.. Of course, they have all worked extremely hard for what they have, and there's nothing better than seeing hard work pay off for somebody who has worked damn hard for it.

However, for the average person, these types of items aren't really within our price range, can I really afford to spend £600 on Chanel boots? Or £300+ on Dior sunglasses? Most definitely not. So, I've been searching on the Internet for lookalikes/dupes, and it's amazing what you can find that look pretty much the same, for prices that are MUCH more affordable. The only difference? The designer label.

I have a very long wishlist of designer items that I would love to own (but could NEVER afford in a million years), so I've been looking for items which are a pretty good match.


SUNGLASSES

Sunglasses are a big love for me. Every time I walk through Duty Free in the airport I'm automatically drawn to the sunglasses, and, despite the fact that they're duty free, the prices on the majority of them are terrifying.








Dior "So Real" Sunglasses - Bleu Marine and Pink Marine






























These "Dior So Real" sunglasses in Bleu Marine and Pink Gold are just so amazing, but the price is also spectacular at £370, so, after searching on the Internet for as little as one simple google search, I found some lookalikes.


Shop these sunglasses here: http://www.dior.com/couture/en_gb/womens-fashion/accessories/eyewear/dior-so-real-sunglasses-bleu-marine-and-pink-gold-6-15742?gclid=CjwKEAjwg6W6BRDn6v__7vzN9QkSJAC9l9C3t6EEvM4m7HZv2Mbd7bcO8HvhNdwtCRmqF-Y65Y0NKhoCSsHw_wcB





Mystic River sunglasses - Free People
As you can see, there's not really much difference between the two pairs of sunglasses. I mean, okay, it's not quite as satisfying as buying Dior sunglasses and having that glorious "CD"on the side of your glasses, but can you really complain when this similar pair are as cheap as $25?! (I apologise, I couldn't find a pair in GBP).




PRADA - Baroque Sunglasses


These incredible PRADA sunglasses are £161.60 from John Lewis. Some of you may think that that's not a bad price for designer sunglasses (I agree), but think of it this way: how many pairs of sunglasses have you lost? How many have you sat on in the car because you forgot they were there? How many have adjusted to your head shape but then become too loose to fit? And THEN think about the price of them. However, if I was able to bring myself to spend such amounts on a pair of sunglasses, you know I most definitely would, because, let's be serious, they're incredible, but I know if I bought them I would be terrified to wear them.





FAKE PRADA Sunglasses

These are a pair of fake PRADA sunglasses I found on Pinterest worth $30 (again, I couldn't find them in GBP). It's scary how alike these sunglasses are to the authentic ones, and these ones are still incredible, without that incredible price tag that comes with the authentic pair.

(I can't give the link to shop from as these, as I said, are just on Pinterest as replicas and do not have a website linked to them).


SHOES





Valentino Rockstud Leather Pumps




These AMAZING Valentino shoes are a must have, of course, but for the price of £630, they're a very expensive accessory to own, but of course, if you can afford them, then why not? However, of course, I cannot, so I searched online for a cheaper almost identical pair.

Shop these shoes here: http://www.stylebop.com/uk/product_details.php?gclid=CjwKEAjwya-6BRDR3p6FuY2-u3MSJAD1paxToRozwl6gav3XK0txTPZ1PKncNQFJDrujDbk7NpvDwBoC0efw_wcB&id=657847&tmad=c&tmcampid=152&adword=google_adwords/uk/SHOPPING_UK/Valentino/&partner=google_stylebop_uk




FAKE Valentino Shoes


Okay, so these aren't quite identical, that's a given, but they're a pretty good replica if you ask me. What's the difference? The difference is the hefty price tag and the satisfaction of being able to tell people that they're real. However, for an eBay bargain of £12.95, can you really go wrong? Probably not.



JACKETS


Now, there is one item of clothing which I absolutely adore, however I nearly had a heart attack at the price tag, but then again, what did I expect? I first saw this on model Chloe Lloyd's Instagram (if you don't know who she is then I suggest you search for her on Instagram because she is a solid 10), and I knew I was in love with something so expensive and something even millionaires should look at and question if the price tag is really worth it.



Gucci Hand-Painted leather biker jacket





Here is the gorgeous Gucci Hand-Painted leather biker jacket, and of course it is a dream to look at, but with a price tag of a staggering £7440.00(!!!!!!!!!!!!) I think it's most definitely a dream which will never come true, but hey, at least it's nice to look at.
It's impossible to find any form of replica for something as amazing as this, and rightly so I think, because it would be impossible to create a knock off of something as amazing as this jacket.

Shop this jacket here: https://www.gucci.com/uk/de/pr/women/womens-ready-to-wear/womens-leathers-furs/hand-painted-leather-biker-jacket-p-422585XG1851193


Thanks for reading!

Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment